Tuesday 6 November 2007

Assessment done

I've just done the assessment for my web design course's first part (Introduction to HTML). I'm very pleased to report that I got 15 out of 17! I was surprised that it was a multiple choice test, though - I was expecting it'd be something like "Build this website" or something like that.
Anyway, glad that's over with. I've got a load of other HTML and CSS books that I want to go through, so I've now started going through Build your own Web Site the Right Way using HTML and CSS by Ian Lloyd. CSS in particular is something that I really think I need to know more about - I've seen some of the amazing things you can do with it on CSS Zen Garden.
Also, I want to get cracking on the next module. It's Internet Business Foundations and is all about the more technical stuff around websites and networking.
As you may have seen from previous posts, I like the sound of Google's Open Social initiative. I'm already on Orkut (unfortunately, none of my friends are, so it's not much of a social network at the moment!) and I also recently joined MySpace (basically because I want to have a profile I can tinker with to make it look really cool, and since MySpace allows you to use HTML and CSS, I'm now developing the skills needed to make a good job of it). Once I know a bit more, I can start pimping my blog as well!

Blogged with Flock

No comments: